Saturday, December 8, 2018

God's Detour, Part 3 - The Ramifications

Photo courtesy of "Clarita" of morguefile.com

"For Thou are my rock and my fortress; for Thy name's sake Thou wilt lead me and guide me." - Psalm 31:4

My last 2 posts have been about a grand epiphany I had that's changed my heart and thinking, plus the immediate returns that have manifested. Today, I want to explain what this means for you, dear readers.

The short of it, I'm on sabbatical from writing for an unknown period of time, until the circumstances of my life change. Unless time, focus, and inspiration allow, all currently unfinished books are on hold.

I will continue to edit and publish stories that are already written, plus I hope to revise a couple of previously released books (Beyond Hope and Curse of the Talmara). Both were published before I had my current edit help, and they reflect that. I've wanted for years now to bring both up to snuff, but I've lacked the time due to so much writing going on. God's provided the perfect opportunity for me to take care of that.

This break could be a month, 6 months, a year, ... I simply don't know yet. I miss writing, and I really want to be back at it, but I desire MOST to be in step with God and His will in my life.

In all likelihood, you won't really notice any of this, since I have completed novels to edit and publish in the interim and there probably won't be any gaps in new books being put out. With one notable exception. The Christmas novella due out right now is not complete, and it appears it won't be finished this year. Maybe it'll be ready for Christmas 2019. Hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. Dawn;
    How has the Lord spoken to you during your time away from actual writing?
    Is He leading you back to it yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bit by bit, in short spurts, I've been writing again. Nothing consistent, but life doesn't really allow for that yet.

      Thankfully, I've had other creative ventures that don't mind interruptions. They've allowed me a creative outlet without leading to frustration.

      Health issues have been an issue over the last year. I've dealt with some big ones that would've interfered with writing in a major way and caused a whole different sort of frustration. Because of the sabbatical, I haven't stressed over them, which I know has been easier on my body. Things are finally leveling out in that regard, thankfully, for the most part.

      Also during this time, God has opened doors I might not have otherwise had the time to walk through or enjoyed as much due to the stress of competing desires. Helping a friend publish her first book ;) , teaching Kumihimo classes based on patterns I designed, getting me connected with another local Christian to sell some of my jewelry AND books, and a variety of opportunities to spend time with family and friends I might have missed out on.

      Priorities have shifted around in many ways over the past year, and I'm still figuring out how it'll all work together when I do finally get back to writing full-time, but for now, I'm pretty much just going with the flow and watching for the doors as the Lord opens them, and trying not to be obtuse enough to slam head-on into any He closes.

      Delete